Monday, March 7, 2011

Insanity


I have had a headache for the past two days.

Head hurts pretty bad. Also the things INSIDE my head hurt pretty bad. My thoughts ran rampant through the Valley of Insanity, Over the Mountain of Chaos and Down the River of Tears.

Yes, That pretty much sums it up.

Look, life for me is crazy. I got four kids to raise. Their education and social well-being as been left to me. I gotta deal with making sure they have food in their belly, laughter on their mind and love in their heart.

I also gotta try to remember to take care of me. I have to appear sane and well-adjusted on any given day. I save the raving, crazy, crying episodes for night when the kids are in bed. When I am in the comfort of my bed and under the covers. Blankets make for good soundproofing.

Dealing with budgets, mortgages, life insurance, health insurance, food shopping, gas, family obligations, among countless other insane things a normal American family worries about. Its overwhelming and Taxes - don't even get me started on that. Its endless.

I really am amazed at how much us, as parents, have to process over a lifetime, much less on a daily basis. Today was a long workday. Also factoring in all the housework I had to do and I am still not done. I did spend a good deal of the day with the kids and we made a great pasta dinner. That was fun. Kids all did their chores and off to bed at a reasonable time. House is presentable and then I think..... wait...I gotta do it all again tomorrow. Oh, man........

Only thing that really gets me through this.. is all the hugs and kisses my kids give me everyday. Even on Crazy-Momma- Has- Lost-Her-Mind days.... they still love me.

I wouldn't have it any other way.... except maybe a glass of wine for the headache.

Mia

1 comment:

jenny said...

GO YOU!! I come back a couple of days later and find sveral posts to read! You're on a roll! :o) I gotta stop by more often. It's a good way to keep up with each other and what we're up to.

Hang in there hon! :o)

Jenny