Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dreaming of Sisga



Columbia, South America


I took a trip there with some friends last year for their wedding. I was invited to fly down earlier and see a little more of the country before everyone else arrived. The brides mother and aunt invited me to come along to their lake house in Sisga.

I think I saw a small piece of heaven.

Note: "Heaven is a place on Earth" by Belinda is now playing in my head.

They own a cottage on a lake in town. The cottage was actually without electricity that weekend due to a flood in the area that took out the power lines. This was actually when Colombia was in a state of emergency and there was massive floods in various parts of the country. It was great being there with candles and making due with fruits and whatnots.

It was serene and peaceful in the way of getting back in touch with nature. We sat around, read novels and told ghost stories. It was exciting and freaky. I ended up telling the bride that her groom would be sleeping alone that night. She had to share a room with me because it was just tooooo scary after the ghost stories. Can you imagine, me at 36 and still being scared silly! Good heavens!

I want to blog about my trip but just tried to learn how to upload several picture and how to type between the pictures. You can tell I have NOT mastered it yet. But I got three pictures in! Thats a good start. I guess its good to write about one part of the trip at time? Should I go with a theme week? I haven't a clue the best way to do this. For now, this is one part of the trip. Come back. I will have some more pictures of the wedding and some cool events that happened!

Mia



No comments: