Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Fall



Autumn wins you best by this its mute appeal to sympathy for its decay.
~Robert Browning


Its my favorite season of the year! I love the colors and the smells. I love driving down the country roads with all changing leaves and just feel transformed. I love the scent from the bonfires in the backyard. I love wearing my sweaters, sweatshirts and long pants. I miss my soft boots and the many, many , many scarfs I have. I love changing the scarfs daily. The colors and patterns. My scarfs tend to convey my mood for the day. I'm starting to gather a collection of them.

My house is decorated with all things ORANGE! I have the orange fall leaves on my windows.. I have craft pumpkins all over the house. I'm one of those who likes to have the house fit the season. I have orange lights outside. I have orange candles in all the rooms. Now .... I dont want ya'll to think I have this insane orange colored home. I have my brown furniture and with green accents everywhere. I'm totally into brown and green. The colors of nature. Then each season I incorporate the given colors into my brown and green. It works wonders for me.

This blog will be short today but I plan to take the kids for a day trip to visit Shenandoah Mountains and Blue Ridge Mountains. The view is priceless. Hopefully we'll get in a visit to our friends out in the country as well.

I'm still quite new to this. I have thoughts and ideas of what I want to put on my blogs yet I haven't trained my body to go, sit on the computer and actually implement them! I have started reading other peoples blogs and in awe of the range of creativity that is out there. They have ideas and I'm slowly finding my niche. Right now I haven't figure it out but I will...... I'm in no rush. :)

Blogs are beautiful. I'm really enjoying them now. I grew up writing in journals but they were always for my eyes only. Now its a cultural event to have journals for the whole world to view. Its amazing and I'm slowly jumping on the bandwagon!

Till next time.........

1 comment:

Angel said...

Sweet deal .. Love the blog .. you will slowly write into this.. Not like ME going NUTS .. Smile
Tell that friend of yours Hello !
Take pics !
~Angel~

P.S. Listening to Sugarland 's music