Saturday, March 5, 2011

Old Me. New Me.

What did I do today that was different for ME?

I went to the Gym today and did my daily workout. Had a pounding headache and my legs were aching...but I did NOT leave. I wanted to, badly, yet I stayed. I did not do the complete workout. I adjusted and did some other workouts Stayed the full two hours. I even had my lunch there. There was something about fighting that urge to leave that felt like a workout itself. Then when I realized that I didn't leave.... I felt like I just accomplished something major.

Go with me on this.

Old me.... would have given up, used the pain and headache as an excuse to leave. Thus going back to the old system of not really following through with major things and ended up right where I started. It happens a lot. Not intentional but things pop up, I get distracted and my mind gets scattered to the point where I give up.

Baby steps. But each step is a step in the right direction. And however small it may be to someone else, it is huge to me. I am patting myself on the back. I deserve it. It has been three weeks of working out. I feel better. I do have more energy. I am enjoying going to the gym. I am enjoying getting out of the house.

So brings me to this blog that I am writing. I didn't know what to write when I sat down. I started with my evening routine. The kids are in bed and I caught up on reading some of my favorite blogs. I wanted to just go to sleep but I knew.... like the gym.... if I don't write something, anything... then I may end up failing on this blog. So I started with the above sentence and then this is what came out of my mind.

Its something... and thats what matters.

Mia


No comments: