Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Where I should be....

The Sea. A boat. A deep sea fishing rod. The beautiful blue sky.... this is where I should be......


Not home bound from a blood clot and a mini stroke! Seriously! Are you kidding me? I'm 35!! Its not possible. Yet, here I am!

OK. The picture may throw you off but its a better picture then me laying in a hospital bed! It wasn't pretty! I'm been pondering setting up a bed2bed salon service at the hospital. I would be racking it in! 5 days and no one to do my hair! Come on, already!

OK ...... getting serious here..... it did happen. Out of the blue. Two days of the worse pain in my right arm. Nothing made sense. By 3am in the morning, after crying for 3 hours straight, I hightailed it to the ER. Of course, I don't look like I'm in any serious condition.... but by the time they did the ultrasound on my arm.... I knew every ER doc and the nurse! They were running into my room! It was serious! I really didn't believe it. By this time it was almost noon the following day and I had no sleep and no pain meds. They did some CAT scans and send me home with meds. Cranky did not even begin to describe my mood.

Got home, took a 4 hour nap, woke up... then all hell broke loose! Husband tells me the right side of my face was "dropping" and my speech was slurred. I got up and was walking into the walls when I was aiming for a straight line. BAM! Off to the ER I go again!

They did 4 days worth of testing. Anyone who tells you being in the hospital will allow you to get some rest! I think not! Being awoken every hour for something or another. More tests, more blood work... * you know they took 15 vials of blood in one sitting!!* I was like. : Ma'am... I 'd like you to leave some blood in me so I can stay alive." She started cracking up and I was DEAD SERIOUS!. I wasn't laughing.

Now I'm home. Under house arrest to be more clear. I feel pretty good. A little 'balloon head' kinda feeling but otherwise I'm better. Got physical therapy coming to the house 3x a week to get my right leg moving again with more power. I need to be able to drive! She says I'm doing good. Shes tough and funny. Perfect combo to get me doing all those exercises.

So.... after all of this,............. Its a huge wake up call! For me. To start taking care of myself. I don't do a very good job of that. I'm always taking care of the kids or the husband. And things have been so crazy for the past couple of years, that I really threw myself under the bus and let everyone just run me over! Well, No More! I'm gonna worry about me for a while. I have to. I have done everything for everyone else except me. My kids need me alive. My kids need me happy. There are going to be some big changes around here.

Now, where do I start?

5 comments:

jenny said...

I'm so glad you were able to get to the hospital in time and though it was a literal pain in the butt, I'm glad they figured out what was wrong with ya. You and me both, we need to take better care of ourselves. It's not enough to just take care of the kids all the time, what good is it if we're falling apart?!?

Whenever you're feeling better, you need to come up here for a good day of country air and country eatin'! :o)

I love you so much sweets!! xoxo

Bluemeya said...

I love you too!! Def will come down for a good meal and girl time 'round the bonfire! The air will do me some good!
Yes, we give everything to our families and yet we do need to focus on ourselves. So... def plan a girls weekend sometime soon!
See you soon! xo

Marcia said...

Im an old friend of Andrews... I posted about a year ago in one of your other posts... I lived in the house across the street when we were young :)
I got your site from Dana after you had Jacob, and I was hoping everything was okay with you and the family since I didnt see any posts when I would check up over the past year.
Im sorry you have gone thru sooo much in the past year, when it rains it pours...I know first hand :)
Anyways, I just wanted to tell you to hang in there and take care of yourself!! When Momma is happy/healthy... EVERYBODY is!! :)
Say Hi to Andrew for me... and you have a beautiful family!!
Marcia (Thomas) Gustowski

Bluemeya said...

Hi Marcia! Thank you for your comments and I agree about about mommy being happy/healty.... then the family is well! I always tell Andrew that!
Yes, its been a crazy year! I'm feeling so much better this week! Where are you now? We're still at the same house. Perfect location for everything... so I don't foresee us ever moving! Andrew is sooo "rooted" his hometown!
I haven't been calm enough to post the past year...but I will be posting more! Nice to meet you and will def let Andrew know you've been in touch.
~happy hugs~

Darhlene said...

I'm glad to hear that you made it out of that ordeal alive. You know that Florida is still a great place to relax!!! Miss you, dez.